Our Age of Anxiety is, in great part, the result of trying to do today’s job with yesterday’s tools and yesterday’s concepts.
Social Media Resources
Connect with friends and the world around you on Facebook.
Google has described Google+ as a “social layer” that enhances many of its online properties…
Instagram is a fast, beautiful and fun way to share your life with friends and family.
The world’s largest professional network with 250 million members in over 200 countries and territories around the globe.
Pinterest is a tool for collecting and organizing things you love.
Twitter is an information network made up of 140-character messages called Tweets.
Social Media Learning Tools
- Moz Social Media Starter Guide
- Free Social Media Ebooks
- Getting Started With Social Media: A Resource Guide
Social Media Software Tools
- Sprout Social
- Radian6 (SalesForce Marketing Cloud)
- Tweet Deck
- EdgeRank Checker
- Social Crawlytics
Social Media Add-On Tools
- TWITTER TOOLBOX: 60+ Twitter Tools
- 10 Best Twitter Tools for WordPress Blogs
- DIGG TOOLBOX: 50+ Digg Tools and Resources
- The Immense Guide To Social Media Sites 2012
- Five Great Plurk Tools
Social Media Blogs
Social Media Forums
- Social Media World Forum
- Social Media Marketing Forum – Warrior Forum
- High Rankings Forum
- I Help You Forum
- Webmaster World
- SEO Chat Forum
- Digital Point Forum
- Cre8asite Forum
- Search Engine Watch Forum
Niche or Regional Social Media Conferences and Workshops
- SocialMedia.org’s Blogwell
- Content Marketing World 2013
- The Corporate Social Media Summit
- Inbound Marketing Summit
- iStrategy Conference
- Marketing 2.0 Conference
- NMX presented by BlogWorld
- Online Marketing Summit
- Social Fresh Conference
- Social Media Marketing World
- The Social Media Strategies Summit
- Social Media World Forum
Social Media Workshops, Training & Certifications
- High Rankings Social Media Marketing Workshop
- Market Motive
- Online Marketing Institute
- Comply Socially Social Media Training
- Cisco Social Media Training
Social Media Focused Podcasts
- SEO Rockstars – Daron Babin
- Office Hours – Vanessa Fox
- Webcology – Jim Hedger & Dave Davies
- PPC Rockstars – David Szetela
- SEM Synergy – Bruce Clay
Essential Social Media Cheat Sheet
- Google+ Cheat Sheet
- Photostream Cheat Sheet
- Complete Google+ Cheat Sheet
- Facebook Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet
- Facebook for Newbies Cheat Sheet
- Facebook Shortcuts Cheat Sheet
- Complete Twitter Cheat Sheet
- Twitter Newbies’ Cheat Sheet
- Manners Cheat Sheet
- Blocking Cheat Sheet
- What’s Not Allowed Where
- Social Media Keyboard Shortcuts
Social Media Site-Specific Resources
- Facebook. Here’s the corporate spin. Worth tracking.
- InsideFacebook. Here’s the unofficial guide to Facebook for marketers and programmers. This should be in your RSS reader.
- AllFacebook. To help you keep up with the information.
- Facebook Marketing for Dummies. Written by Paul Dunay who blogs at Buzz Marketing for Technology.
- Chris Treadway and Mari Smith, Facebook Marketing She’s one of the Facebook experts. You can also follow her on Twitter.
- LinkedIn Blog. This is the official blog of LinkedIn.
- Lewis Howes Blog. A former college football player, Lewis is one of the experts on LinkedIn.
- Jan Vermeiren How to REALLY use LinkedIn
- Neal Schaffer – Windmill Networking: Understanding, Leveraging & Maximizing LinkedIn (Book)
- Twitter Blog. This is Twitter’s official blog.
- TweetDeck or Hootsuite. Applications to help manage Tweet stream, mentions and schedule future tweets.
- 99 Twitter Tools and Applications. Here’s an article from Smashing Magazine to get you started on Twitter tools. There has been a proliferation of Twitter tools and applications. It’s important to bear in mind that many people access Twitter from mobile devices such as smart phones and iPads.
- Thomases, Hollis Twitter Marketing Fellow ClickZ columnist Hollis’ book covers the subject in depth. At least follow her on Twitter!
- How to Get Your Twitter Mojo. Article to jump start on Twitter with 8 tips to be a sparkling conversationalist.
- How to be a Twitter Ninja. Article with 10 steps to master Twitter.
- Twitter Chat Schedule. For those who want to participate in chats.
- TweetGrid. Useful tool for participating in a Twitter chat.
- Copyblogger. Considered the bible of blogging, especially for business goals. Get this RSS feed so that you’re on top of the latest trends. Try the 31-day Blogging Challenge either as a paid download e-book or in its original blog post format, which takes searching to find.
- Problogger. Another must read for bloggers.
- Men With Pens. Blog focused on the art of writing from the perspective of copywriters.
- Blogs of Fortune 500. Good for checking how the big boys are blogging.
- 7 Points to Create Your Blog Voice. How do you create your blog’s personality and brand? This article has 5 exercises to help you.
- 12 Suggestions to Overcome Blank Blog Post Syndrome. Need help getting started writing. This article is the place.
- 12 Tactics to Grow Your Blog Audience (Flog Your Blog – Part 1). Tips for new and experienced bloggers expand their reach.
- 15 More Ways to Expand Your Blog Reach (Flog Your Blog – Part 2). These 15 blog audience growing suggestions are broken into six categories to help your marketing.
- Why Isn’t Anyone Coming to My Blog? Here’s an 8 point checklist to see where your blog may be missing the mark.
- Online Photos
- 250+ Free Stock Photograph Sites. If you want more options than Flickr, look no more.
- A Complete Guide to Finding And Using Flickr Images. A must read to use other people’s photos correctly and quickly.
- Online Consulting Tips to Optimize Your Photos. Who doesn’t need help with their search optimization?
- Is a Photo Worth a 1,000 Words? Here are five tips to expand your photographs’ reach online.
- Greg Jarboe and Suzie Reider YouTube and Video Marketing Great how-to book to get you started.
- How People Watch. The Nielsen Company’s report on how video is consumed. Great for data.
- Context is King. TechCrunch article complete with charts to show how videos are found.
- 31 Online Video Branding Questions. Useful checklist to help evaluate the strength of your video campaign.
- Social Media Press Release. Developed by Tom Defren’s PR firm, Shift Communications, here’s the original social media press release prototype.
- 5 Ways to Maximize the Impact of Your Press Release. Need some ideas for a press release that aren’t plain vanilla corporate announcements? This article will jumpstart your thinking.
- HARO aka Help a Reporter Out. This free PR service distributes created by social media expert Peter Shankman emails three times a day with a listing of requests across a broad array of categories from journalists looking for input and experts. Use it to get your story in the media. If you’d like to know how to use HARO for your business, read this story.
- 5 Ways HARO Can Help Build Your Brand. Provides 5 suggestions for using HARO effectively
- How to Prevent a Social Media Disaster. Something that every marketer needs to know, even if you’re not doing any social media marketing!
- Best practices for Crisis Communications for Social Media. Another addtional to your marketing tool box, even if you’re not active in social media.
- How to Save Your Brand in the Face of Crisis. Information from MIT’s Sloan School of Business.
- 360i’s Mobile Marketing Handbook. Like their social media e-book, this is worth a read, especially if you’re new to the space.
- Why Mobile Social Media Matters. Great visuals from 360i’s Senior Director of Emerging Markets David Berkowitz.
- Morgan Stanley’s Mobile Internet Report. Research from Morgan Stanley’s institutional service.
- Location Based Innovation. Powerpoint presentation by Dr. Phil Hendrix.
- iPhone Apps’ Benchmarks for Success. Good blog post on iPhone apps. Contains good visuals.
- 7 Mobile Marketing Tactics. Here’s a primer to guide your mobile marketing thinking.
Other social media sources
- 360i’s Social Media Handbook. Great free guide for marketers. Download it and see for yourself.
- Exact Target’s Social Media and Email Research. Widely referenced research that’s worth your time. Its charts will help you make the social media and email case to your boss!
- What’s Your Social Media Rationale. Do you need to make the case to use or expand your use of social media marketing? If so, this column will help you.
- How Social Media Has Changed Marketing’s 4Ps. Outlines how social media has influenced the traditional 4Ps of marketing.
- How Social Media Compares to Third Party and Owned Media. Has a great chart that layout major media factors and compares them. Useful for future presentations!
- Social Media Isn’t Free. Set of metrics to help better understand the full cost of social media marketing.
- Do you need a social media manager? With the expanded use of social media marketing, many companies are starting to created dedicated positions. This column helps you decide what you need.
Social Media Guideline Resources
- Dave Fleet’s Policies. Insights and resources from PR executive Dave Fleet.
- Ford Company’s Social Media Policies. Great concise version of one company’s guidelines that incorporate great visuals with the help of Scott Monty.
- Cisco’s Social Media Playbook. Another company’s more in-depth approach to social media guidelines.
- Social Media’s Social Responsibility. 10 points to consider in order to make your social media marketing efforts more accountable.
Popular Social Media Books
- Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (And Other Social Networks) by Dave Kerpen
- The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue by Shama Kabani
- The Tao of Twitter: Changing Your Life and Business 140 Characters at a Time by Mark Schaefer
- Tweet Naked: A Bare-All Social Media Strategy for Boosting Your Brand and Your Business by Scott Levy
- Socialnomics: How Social Media Transforms the Way We Live and Do Business by Erik Qualman
- People Analytics: How Social Sensing Technology Will Transform Business and What It Tells Us about the Future of Work by Ben Waber
- Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies by Jan Zimmerman and Deborah Ng
- Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator by Ryan Holiday
- The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success by Lon Safko
- Social Media ROI: Managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts in Your Organization (Que Biz-Tech) by Olivier Blanchard
Serving the wider greater Toronto area (GTA), including Toronto, Etobicoke, Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton, North York, Vaughan, Scarborough, Markham Ontario, Canada and more...